Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Maya's first Halloween

It was October 31, 2008 at 3:30pm and I had to rush home to make the Arlington Forest family Halloween parade by 4:30pm. Unfortunately for me, every other working parent that commutes 30 miles outside the beltway decided to do the same thing! After dodging a few mini vans and similar Forrester's (not Gold like mine :0) I made it just in time. I ran in the house and asked Virginia (our wonderful nanny) where she put the costumes. As usual, she had put them aside perfectly folded and ready to rock. I plugged Maya into her pink butterfly suit and started calling for Sedona. Her tail immediately tucked between her legs as she recognized the ol' shark costume from the previous nights dress rehearsal! We got her dressed, packed up the kiddo in the BOB and headed down the street. We meet the Claffey's along the way and rallied together to the meeting site. I had no idea how many freaking kids lived in our neighborhood. As Wendy spit out the same words I was thinking a friendly neighbor responded with "they are all eating supper when you guys usually take your walk". That was kind-of weird but nice to know neighbors are paying attention to what's going on in the hood. As the time slowly passed it was decided that Wendy take Virginia to the metro and I would stay with Maya, Sedona and the BOB. Lucky for me, Maya was cozy in her stroller and Sedona was so embarrassed she stayed close by my side.

No comments: